- Private - More details
- Mobile devices
- Business - More details
- Small and medium business
- Large companies and public sector
- Mobile Devices
- Business solutions
- Roaming and international traffic
- About Vip
- About Vip - More details
- About us
- Vip network
- Supporting our comunity
- Career in Vip
- Contacts us
A1 Telekom Austria Group: Results for the Second Quarter and First Half 2018
Key financial and operating highlights in the second quarter 2018
- Group total revenues increased by 1.3% (reported: +1.5%), mainly driven by higher equipment revenues and the solid retail
fixed-line performance. Excluding FX and the minor one-off effects, total revenues grew by 2.3% (reported: +2.5%), with service
revenue growth in all markets except for Slovenia.
- The strong comparison period Q2 2017 was positively impacted by project-driven revenues and some reversals of accruals in
Austria. Together with higher investments into A1 Digital and a negative FX impact in Q2 2018, this led to a decline in Group
EBITDA of 0.9% (reported: -0.8%).
- Excluding FX and the minor one-off effects as well as restructuring charges, (the latter having almost zero impact in the respective
periods), Group EBITDA increased slightly by 0.2% (reported: +0.3%), with strong contributions from CEE compensating
for A1 Digital investments; Austria showed an almost stable performance (-0.5%) despite the strong comparable in
- Net result grew by 15.9% in Q2 2018 excluding D&A from the brand value amortisation in connection with the group-wide
rebranding of EUR 72.4 mn (reported net result Q2 2018: EUR 58.0 mn; Q2 2017: EUR 112.5 mn).
- Reported free cash flow increased by 35.4% to EUR 205.7 mn in the first half of 2018. This was mainly attributable to lower interest
payments and lower capital expenditures paid as well as the operational improvement.
- Group outlook 2018 unchanged: total revenue growth of 1-2% (on a reported basis), CAPEX1 of approx. EUR 750 mn.
More information available at: https://www.a1.group/en/ir/interim-results